Friday, February 18, 2005

Becoming a father part I

Becoming a father was the most interesting part of the year. My wife and I had been trying for three years to conceive. Trying doesn't really describe the problems of the infertile couple. Every month started with a glimmer of hope, proceded with a frenzy of sexual activity, followed by breathless anticipation, and then trailed by crushing disappointment. Really the only good part about failing each month was that during the crushing disappointment stage, we could drown our problems. I would not recommend it as a good strategy, but sometimes it was effective.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarahlynn said...

You know, I really wish I could have been there for you two more during that time.

12:43 AM  
Blogger mypetrock said...

You guys were great.

1:49 PM  
Blogger mypetrock said...

You guys were great.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home