Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hard to leave

Monday I was getting ready to go play. Lisa and Oliver were sitting in the rocker near the front door. As I was getting my stuff ready, I looked up and Oliver was just sitting there smiling at me. I almost didn't make it out the door. It would have been fun to just stay there with them and play.

But I have a responsibility to the other people in the group to go. And so I went, but I'm beginning to understand why people with children disappear from the collective social life once they have children. Sometimes it is just so tough to leave.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger paulboal said...

The coming and going can be the BEST part, though! Ellie says "bye bye" and blows me a kiss every day when I leave her at home or at school. And every day when I come home, I get a great big "Da Da!" and a smile. Melts my heart.

10:40 PM  
Blogger mypetrock said...

I just get big smiles coming and going - a delight to come to, but a hard thing to leave.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home