Friday, May 20, 2005

Teething

For the past couple of weeks, Oliver has been fussier than usual and has been sucking on his hand constantly. I asked my wife if he could be teething and was told that it couldn't be that because babies don't get their teeth until much later. Well, it turns out that I was right. Oliver is getting two tiny choppers on his lower jaw.

Things are slightly different for me with him having teeth now. When I stcik my finger in his mouth, I need to flip it around from the way that I used to because teeth hurt when used on the front or side of the finger but feel fine-ish on the fleshy part of the finger. I'm sure things are much different for my wife since she's still nursing.

I'm not terribly surprised that he got his teeth in early considering that he's the size of several much older babies that we've seen, but it is still a pleasant surprise. At least when he's not fussy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home