Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ebay: The Addiction

I have a growing addiction to shopping on Ebay. At first, I was going to just buy a few miniatures for my D&D games. I bid on a set of 6 figures and won. Then I bid on a set of 7 figures and won. Then I bid on a set of 16 figures and won. Then I bid on a set of 27 figures and won. And there were the many auctions that got away. I'd bid up to $49 on 32 figures and it would close at $50 - so close and really forever away. I guess part of the problem is that I'm trying to game the system, putting in low-ball bids on items that I'm interested in. That's not really like the Ebay snipers who wait until just before a bid closes to try and steal it from under you. But if I'm trying to game the system, it is trying to game me. I have a feedback SCORE, bids that I've WON and LOST, and other bidders who are COMPETING against me, some FAIRly and others CHEATING, for the things that I want. As of the writing of this post I have 8 items that I'm the high bidder on.

Anyone want some miniatures? I may soon have some to sell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home