Monday, December 12, 2005

Oliver's birthday weekend

This Sunday was Oliver's first birthday. My brother, his girlfriend, and my mother came down for the weekend. My wife's family came over to our house at noon for the party. We had almost the entire family (missing five kids). I made three pots of chili - mild, spicy, and vegetarian. Everyone enjoyed my chili, even if they thought the mild was too spicy. My wife made Oliver a "cake" with a fruit-filled inside (blueberries, bananas, cantaloupe) and "frosted" it with a mixture of carob and sweet potato. If Oliver knew that it was healthy, he didn't show it as he dove into the cake face first. After he finished eating and we cleaned him up, it was time for presents. I got to open them as Oliver's proxy. One of Oliver's two year old cousins evaluated the presents and let us know that he wouldn't soon be outgrowing them. After the presents, I drove my mother to the train for her to go home. When I got back from the train station, the party was breaking up. I got to hang out with my brother and his girlfriend until it was time for them to fly home. It was totally Oliver's best birthday yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home