Monday, November 28, 2005

Last night

This morning my wife poked at me. "Hey! Wake up!"
"Hmmm... (yawn)... What?"
"I think Oliver slept through the night last night. I don't remember waking up after 11:30."
"!!!!!"

It's too bad that I was not awake enough to do the Happy Dance. Hopefully this bodes well for the next few nights at least. But I'm fairly sure that we'll be trying to recreate it as dutifully as a fan-atic puts on the same unwashed smelly clothes, sits in the same spot, consuming the same foods, and saying the same things in order to properly cheer the home team on to victory.

If nothing else it was a change from the past few months. And a welcome one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"puts on the same unwashed smelly clothes, sits in the same spot, consuming the same foods, and saying the same things" and exactly how will that will be different from your life up till now?

11:20 AM  
Blogger mypetrock said...

Well, anonymous - if that is your real name, it's different in that I put of different smelly clothes, vary my choice of seat, and try and repeat myself as little as possible.

An update - bath time at bed time seems to help matters. Oliver woke up a couple of times last night, but the going to bed process the last couple of nights has been less painful for all concerned.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home