Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Baselining

The past week I've been trying to gauge my baseline for my summer training. This past weekend I ran the St. Charles 10K in 49:38. Before that I ran a 5K by myself in 23:48. Yesterday I did an 800 in 2:32 and a 400 in 0:67. But the nice thing is that in all of these runs, I see how I could have improved. So these times are currently a little soft. And I'll be doing my training on top of that.

There's a 5K this weekend downtown at Union Station. I haven't decided if I'm going to run it. But next weekend I'm doing the Chevy's Cinco de Mayo 5K and I'll have a better gauge on my time for the 5K than I do now. The only thing that'll be different is that I'll likely be running with Oliver in the jogging stroller. The following weekend is another 10K that I want to do. It's seeming like 2006 will be the year of the races.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home