Monday, September 26, 2005

Cruising on a Sunday afternoon

Lately, my wife and I have been playing Hot Baby ("Watch the baby while I get X done.") as we try and get things done around the house. Sunday we were playing Hot Baby and I was it when Oliver decided to start climbing the stairs. Now I'd seen him do this a couple of times and he can go up so far but can't climb on the landing of the T-stairway in our house. My wife walked down the stairs and saw him on the stairs. She didn't see me behind him until she got halfway down the stairs. Then she walked into the kitchen. Suddenly Oliver flew across the landing like he'd been shot out of a gun. I snagged him before he got to the down part of the stairs.

Later I was in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner when Oliver crawled in and decided to play with the drawers. He ended up getting his little fingers squished in a drawer (thankfully no serious harm was done). Still later he started trying to haul himself up on a chair that had a box fan sitting on it. I picked him up before he got too far.

So now I know why parents go gray so quickly. Suddenly all of those baby proofing projects that we've been postponing have become an extra high priority. We'll be installing gates, securing bookcases, and locking cabinets all over the house in the next couple of days. Thankfully the AC unit will be finished up today so we can put away the fans that have been a constant in our house since we moved in. We know though that there are still more projects that need to get done before we're done.

As if done actually happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home