Monday, September 26, 2005

Hockey draft

With the arrival of fall and the resumption of hockey comes the resumption of fantasy hockey. This Saturday all ten managers are going to join me at my house for the draft. Usually the way I go about a draft is to pick up a magazine, look at their rankings, and follow them somewhat closely. This year I have a feeling that everything is going to be different.

Perennial doormats and powerhouses are changing places as the salary cap is forcing the big spending teams to reallocate their resources. Europeans players are not as attracted to the US since the salary differential is not as significant. I can imagine a number of them will sacrifice a few hundred thousand dollars to play closer to home. So as the season is about to begin, I don't know who's playing. I don't know which teams will be good, and I can't really rely on historical trends to choose players. Basically it's a big crap shoot.

It should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home