Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Christmas Year One

Last year was actually Oliver's first Christmas. He probably won't remember it, but we drove up to my wife's mother's home. I held him in my arms for most of the day to the consternation of his aunts who wanted to play with the new baby. We didn't do much in the area of an exchange of presents - we had just given each other the best gift ever and Oliver had as much stuff as he could need.

This year is shaping up to be a bit different. We'll be seeing both families during the Christmas season. I'm fairly sure that my wife and I will be exchanging gifts. And this year we'll be giving Oliver stuff to open. Since I doubt that he'll read my blog, I'll give you the skinny.

Oliver will certainly be getting some new clothes. What kinds of clothes, I don't know. I will certainly be looking at his clothes to determine how easy they will be to put on him. I'm thinking colored t-shirts and maybe a new jersey or three (But not New Jersey - really who'd want that?).

Some of our friends have Little People, which look like something that both Dad and Oliver want. Oliver will be getting a bunch of different size balls to play with. I'll be looking for a walker along the lines of a grocery cart. He'll be walking soon, but it will be useful in the short term and for eventual child number two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home