Friday, November 11, 2005

50 Things that you may not know about me

1. I like to eat and drink, but lack the ability to discern the really good from the average.
2. I like to cook.
3. I think I'm a good cook, but see #1.
4. I once made a meal for friends that was entirely yellow.
5. I'll try just about anything once.
6. I've never dressed in drag.
7. Before having had a child, I thought that I'd like to have 12.
8. I haven't quite given up that thought.
9. I used to be a social liberal - fiscal conservative.
10. I've grown out of the fiscal conservative.
11. St. Louis stills feels down right Southern to me.
12. Other than a trips to Houston and Orlando, I've never been south of Memphis.
13. I'm worse at home improvements than my wife.
14. When we paint I get the roller and she does the edges.
15. I'd like to say that I'm detail-oriented, but that would be a flat-out lie.
16. I had originally gone to college to become a high school science and math teacher.
17. I still wonder if that wouldn't be a good next career.
18. I once ran a five minute mile in gym class because I wanted to lap people in the fitness test.
19. When I'm talking to myself I frequently say, "I'm so tired."
20. I wonder if that isn't a sign of depression.
21. I'm a definite type B.
22. I'm a very visual person.
23. I like making lists and scratching off what I've accomplished.
24. I keep all of the cans and bottles of soda at my cube and then recycle them all at once.
25. I carry a bag back and forth with me to work that doesn't usually carry anything that I need for the day.
26. I keep forgetting that I want to take pictures.
27. My definition of clean is "A place for everything and everything in its place."
28. I don't see dust.
29. I don't close cabinet doors or drawers.
30. I don't make my bed often - after all it's just going to get unmade again.
31. I don't remember my dreams.
32. I used to/do believe that if I imagine something bad happen then it won't happen.
33. I try and tell my wife I love her by doing the little things around the house.
34. I would like to be a masseuse for my third career.
35. I've run three marathons.
36. If my wife ever divorces me, I want to run across the country like Forestt Gump.
37. I was home sick the day that the Challenger Explosion happened. If you weren't, you didn't miss anything.
38. I'm loud with people I know and quiet with people I don't.
39. I'm a Dungeon Master.
40. I play once a week with a group of friends.
41. I've been playing with the same group for about five years.
42. I'm a Magic player.
43. I bought so many cards that all of my friends quit playing rather than try and keep with me.
44. My best friend who isn't legally bound to me lives in New York.
45. I don't grow facial hair well - my goatee never quite connects.
46. I love watching old 80s movies and seeing all of the future stars as bit players.
47. I have an addictive personality. I purposefully limit my addictions.
48. I like wearing oversize clothing.
49. I don't understand dress shoes. They are uncomfortable and noisy. Give me a pair of sneakers any day.
50. I'm not a good loser, but with enough practice I may become one one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home