Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sleeping through the night

No, Oliver is not sleeping through the night. We put him down somewhere between 7:00-8:00 and by 8:00-10:00 he is asleep. That will last until midnight or so when he will wake up for a hopefully quick snack. 3:00am is another snack time or diaper changing. 5:00-6:00 is the morning nurse before my wife goes into work for the day. Then father and son sack out until Oliver wakes Daddy up near 7:00. The routine varies with illness and teething but in general hasn't changed in 11+ months.

My wife has been a trooper. Since we are still breastfeeding, every time he wants a snack, she is up. Whenever his diaper is changed, he gets upset and nurses back down. So basically whenever he's up, she is. When I can I try and do my part. I'll carry him downstairs and walk around for a while rocking him back to sleep. I do better with midnight waking than nap time. Sometimes I'm successful - usually when he's really tired. Sometimes I'm not successful and then the Trooper is called to duty. Again.

We keep talking about having another, but I really don't think that that will happen until the Trooper is able to go off duty for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home