Monday, November 21, 2005

Oliver at work

I took Oliver to work with me today. As I walked to my cube I got a couple of comments about child labor laws and how young these new consultants are. Since my arms were full of child and bags, I dropped Oliver off with a co-worker while I went to my cube and I dropped off my work bag and the diaper bag. That was enough to almost set Oliver off crying, but when I came and picked him up he was all shy smiles.

For the next hour or so, Oliver and I held court in my cube as everyone in the department came by to see the baby. Most of my co-workers are in their forties with the baby days behind them, so everyone was real excited to see him. He didn't get to demonstrate his new walking skills, but he did get to do some crawling and playing on the floor. I had forgotten to bring in toys, so he had to content himself with playing with empty water bottles and keys. I don't think he minded a bit.

He started to get a little grumpy towards nap time, so we went for a walk to the cafeteria. I looked for something that he could eat, but the only thing that looked like something he could eat was a banana. After snack time, we strolled around for a bit, but he wasn't feeling sleepy. Finally Mom arrived before he could get really crabby and Oliver went home.

It's always nice when you are able to bring your baby into work. For one thing, everyone has been hearing you crow about how cute he is. When you bring him in, the shoe is on the other foot and you get to hear about how cute he is. On the other hand, the department ends up doing negative work while he's there as everyone gets a little distracted and wants to play with the new guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home