Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sick week

Friday night we got off to a good start when Oliver tossed his cookies all over the bed. While I was taking the sheets downstairs, he did it again. And we were off and running. Saturday started off well. We ran some errands, went to a friend's wedding reception, and hung out with Paul and Sarahlynn, who babysat Oliver while we were away. Apparently nothing untoward happened all day until my wife tried to nurse Oliver down to sleep at their place in preparation for a good game of Settlers when he did it again. Needless to say after that it became a short night.

Sunday morning I wasn't feeling well after breakfast when I left to drop a wedding gift off at bride and groom's home (of the previous night's reception). Let's just say that breakfast and I didn't make it home from that trip. The rest of Sunday was a bit of blur of encounters with my pillow and the toilet as nothing would stay home. I even missed a Blues-Wings game because of this. On the plus side Oliver looked like he was doing better short of a little diahrea. Of course, wouldn't you know, that's when my wife took ill.

I called in sick on Monday because I wanted to make sure that I got over this bug. I ended up on baby duty all day because my sick wife had to work all day, despite really not feeling like it. I'll just fess up now and say that I wouldn't have been so dutiful. That there was a production problem to solve probably assisted, but I still might have just called in sick. Monday night I was feeling better but since Oliver was still squirting number two, he wasn't going back to day care. I went in for a few hours that turned into five hours when problem of my own arose.

Today, I got to tend to Oliver all day. In some ways it was good, but in other ways it could have been better. Napping, for instance, could have made it better. But with two squirts prior to bed time, it looks like I'll get to try again tomorrow. And I'll definitely be working on the napping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home