Sunday, January 01, 2006

Long vacations

Long vacations are nice. You get to rest, relax, and spend some time with your family. You can plan and do things that require a lot of time like trips or big projects. But personally whenever I have a long vacation I end up screwing up my sleep schedule. Over the past week I've gone to bed fewer nights before 2:00 than after it.

Part of the reason that I've screwed it up this week is that the time after everyone else is in bed is time that I can do whatever I want. Some times I use it productively to do laundry or finish up the dishes. Some times I use it to catch up on my web surfing. I've been using it as time to paint my some of my new miniatures. And while my wife is understanding, that doesn't mean that I'm off the hook in the morning.

Whatever part of me that manages my Z's has got to be anxious for me to get back to work so I can catch up. Isn't that what long vacations used to be for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home