Friday, February 17, 2006

A Good Drop Off

This morning I had a good experience dropping Oliver off at day care. The last couple of days he has been clinging to my leg as soon as we got into the room. Today, he still wanted to sit on my lap, but was easily tempted away by one of his teachers. As I left the room, there were no tears.

It seems that Oliver is getting to be a favorite at day care. He is in general a happy smiling boy. He plays well with others and doesn't fuss much. As soon as we can get him to eat his food instead of decorating the floor with it, he'll run away with the Toddler of the Year award.

Given that he has always been like this, I'm hard pressed to figure out how much of his sunny personality comes from his personality and how much comes from how his mother and I parent him. Is the manner in which we parent him giving him a sense of security that allows him to relax and enjoy the company of others? Or is it just good genetics from two people who are both closer to type B than type A?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home