Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Killing time

I've recently been turned on to Pandora, an off-shoot of the Music Genome project. You enter a band or a song, and it starts playing songs that sound like the band or song you started with. It works well, but only as long as you stay within the narrow confines of what you like about the particular band or song. I may like 80's Madonna and Ragtime, but the musical intersection is too varied to help Pandora effectively pick music that you'd like. I have found some bands that I like using Pandora. Massive Attack puts out music that fits within the realm of what I like in electronica. But I've learned that I don't like a lot of music that fits within the realm of electronica. This is also a massive time sink, FYI.

Our gate is on our back fence, giving us a complete fence. I just need to put in the latch so that you can use the gate. Details, details. It's been somewhat satisfying to know that we did it ourselves even though I know that whoever comes in after us will wonder what inebriates put it up.

Tonight there was a hash that started not too far from my house. so I stopped by beforehand and at the on-after to put in an appearance. It was literally too close not to go. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be limited to just appearances for a while. As it is, I'm just killing time until my leg heals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home