Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend travelling

I spent the weekend travelling up to Chicago for a race. While we were in town, we got to see some family and friends which was great. I hadn't gotten a chance to see my family in several months and it had been over a year since I got to see my friends. Oliver had a great time playing with his cousin including one stretch where the two of them were running around the table playing Cowboys and Indians for Toddlers.

The race went well and bodes well for the marathon to follow. I attempted to follow my own racing advice and managed to keep my ego in check and only wrote inexpensive checks that my body couldn't cash. I know that I need to be a little more dedicated to my training though - my heart rate was higher than I would have wanted in some sections of the race.

Travelling with Oliver was good too. He slept most of the way up to Chicago and a good section of the trip down. When he was awake, my wife kept asking things for him to name. Usually he isn't too much into that, but yesterday he was more than game to try. I guess this means he's in the middle of a verbal growth spurt. So now I have to watch my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home