Monday, August 13, 2007

A real, live boy!

After five days of moving like an old man, I'm starting to be able to move like myself again. I don't have to contort my arms and shoulders, to wriggle my body and to finally push myself up into a semi-sitting position. I don't have to use both arms to gently lower myself into a chair. I can walk with minimal pain. It's been nice shedding the shackles of the supine and get vertical again. I'm still not 100%, but I'm getting there.

There are still the things that I still can't do. I'm not supposed to lift heavy objects like car seats or misbehaving toddlers. Apparently I can't wear pants that fit appropriately across my midsection either. I don't feel comfortable driving yet. And if I'm in bed when a child needs me to come comfort them, they just have to suck it up for an extra couple of minutes while I flail out of bed.

I know things are getting better and I'm encouraged. It's just hard to keep that in the forefront of my mind all the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger JessiTRON said...

Wow, that sounds really familiar. :) Have your wife show you how to get out of bed while pregnant. It gets easier with months of practice.

10:11 AM  
Blogger BriteLady said...

I feel for you. I felt much the same with both c-sections, except that I wasn't really feeling great for a month or so after each one, not just a week. Take it easy, keep moving enough to get your muscles working (but not enough to hurt yourself) and all will be well. The lifting of misbehaving toddlers is so hard to avoid--I don't really have any advice here except to let Lisa do the disciplining for a bit so you don't make a threat you can't enforce ("Stop that or you're standing in the corner", for example).

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home