Friday, September 30, 2005

A depressing start to the day

On the sidebar, I've listed some of the websites that I go to every day. Magic: the Gathering is the official site for the card gmae that I play. Each day there are 2-3 articles to read about it. Star City Games hosts another site about Magic. There are a number of articles each day and a forum for discussing any and all aspects of the game. ReelViews is the repository for the reviews of James Berardinelli. It contains over 3000 reviews and he generally adds 2-3 a week. The archives goes back to the early 90s, so I'll check there after I watch something to see whether I agree with him or not.

The realization that I had is that while I go to these sites every day, my reading them is about the extent of my participation in those activities except for the rare occasion when I get to play Magic or get to watch a new movie. So every morning I press my nose against the glass of the internet to catch a glimpse of other people enjoying activities that I would enjoy. At least some of the reason that I can't do these things more often is fatherhood. And for that I wouldn't give it up for all the world. And some of the reason is other responsibilities. I have a family, a job, and a house that absorb free time. So I know why I can't do the things I want to do. It just doesn't make it any easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home