Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Parental visitation

My parents are coming down for a visit this weekend. I'm excited for them to come visit as it has been about six months since they last came to visit.

In that time,
- Oliver has grown from a lump on a log to an explorer on a mission,
- We put up gates to contain our dedicated explorer,
- We installed a new furnace and air conditioning,
- My wife got a new car,
- We put down a new floor in Oliver's playroom,
- We bought a new entertainment center that my wife is staining.

So we've made a number of significant changes. But two days before they get here the house is still messy, and it will likely take our full-time attention to get the house in order before they get here.

To give you an example, last night after Oliver went to sleep, my wife and I went to work. We have a spare bedroom that doubles as a storage room. I had to unearth the bed where they will be sleeping. There were games, puzzles, clothes, toys, and childhood mementos piled on the bed. An hour or so later I got down to the blanket. And then I looked around and still had nightstands piled on top of dressers.

It will get done before they get here. How long? I have no idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home