Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Quick hits

Saturday I hosted the draft for our fantasy hockey league. I'd love to report that it went off without a hitch but there were technical problems galore. However three hours or so after we started we finished. So all's well that ends well.

After the draft, I played Magic with some buddies while my wife went to a friend's house to watch the Notre Dame football game and Commander-In-Chief after the game turned into a rout. And Oliver went to sleep upstairs. Briefly. In the Magic game, I learned that I'm still too focussed on duels to do well in multiplayer. When he woke up, I couldn't get him to go back to sleep. After several hours of screaming, my wife finally came home to help put him to sleep. I really need to learn how to get him down or teach him how to go to sleep.

My friend Kevin makes money buy buying lots of cards on Ebay, taking the ones that he wants, and repackaging the rest for sale. It seems like a good way to get cards and pay for them. But I generally don't like selling off my cards. I have this fantasy that I'll be playing with them with Oliver when he gets older. We'll see though.

Hockey starts tonight. I'm really excited about it. I'm not so excited by the Blues' chances at continuing their playoff streak.

I'm headed to DC this weekend to go to a high school friend's wedding. While I'm on the East Coast I'm going to see some new second cousins and some college friends. And maybe I'll go to a Capitals game. As far as I can tell Saturday will be a day to amuse myself in our nation's capital. Something tells me that I'm going to go to the Espionage Museum for sure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do go to the Espionage Museum, get your tickets early. We tried go while in DC, and they were sold out of tickets for several hours. This is Ellen, by the way.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home