Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ebaying - having time can be a dangerous thing

The other day I was perusing the listings on Ebay and I came across a whole series of items from a single seller that were listed for a penny a piece plus a hefty shipping charge. I figured that someone would overtop my bids, so I bid on eight of them... and won all of my bids. Here is where having time becomes a dangerous thing. I was interested in all of the items, but it was more that I wanted to see if someone would outbid me at the last second again. And they didn't. On the one hand, go me, but on the other, I had been thinking that I didn't need to spend much more. But it was just so cheap and I was bored.

I think I'm done shopping on Ebay for wants. In three weeks, I spent in the neighborhood of $150. That's not bad - it certainly could have been worse - and I'll have boosted my rating to (14) or so. I have enough of the figures that I was buying to not have to buy any more for quite a while. Once I get organized, I may dip my toe back into the waters as a seller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home