Thursday, February 23, 2006

Incompetence

Our normal process for moving a file into production is that the file should be in place by EOD Wednesday at the very latest. I came in this morning and found a note on my chair telling me that J, my favorite co-worker, could not get it compiled. Within ten minutes of looking at the error messages and asking the question "What changed?" I was able to get it compiled. It's not that I'm writing this to trumpet my own prowess, but after over a year of working on the same program wouldn't you expect her to have the barest modicum of debugging capability? This is the same co-worker who immediately comes to other people in the group whenever anything goes wrong without putting in any effort whatsoever into figuring it out on her own.

The problem is that I don't think this will register on the Bottom 10 rankings. And it really should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home