Monday, February 20, 2006

Trivia Night

On Saturday, my wife and I went to Alton, IL for a trivia night to benefit IMPACT. We dropped Oliver off with Grandma and went to the Trivia Night. Our team consisted of two my brothers-in-law, a couple of their friends, my wife and I. We've had the same basic team for most of the trivia nights that we've gone to except that my wife's parents used to fill in the last two spots.

IMPACT provided beer, soda, popcorn, and pretzels. In addition, Paula brought a lot of snacks including chips, dip, and chocolate. I ended up drinking beer and eating Mr. Goodbars all night. I was amused because the people from IMPACT kept bringing around pitchers of beer all through out the night. There wasn't even a last call before the last round of questions. I guess they didn't want to leave anything in the keg.

The first round of questions was labelled "Mathematically speaking." I'm thinking that we're golden until the first few questions have nothing at all to do with math except the answers all had numbers. After the first couple of rounds, we were somewhere in the middle of the pack with one team clearly dominating. But after the first few categories, that team crashed and we slowly rose through the standings. We averaged eight questions per category all night long with one terrible category that no one else got more than five on. When the final scores were tallied, we'd won!After the event, we went to the Knights of Columbus Hall to further celebrate our win. After a couple of rounds, my wife and I headed back to Grandma's to crash. Or at least I did.

I like going to trivia nights. They are a nice mix of social interaction and thought provoking questions. And there's free beer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home