Thursday, March 30, 2006

Google responses

Here are some responses to people who found my blog:

"Growing Moss", "Growing Irish Moss", "how to kill growing moss", "wear moss come from"
I get hit a lot by gardeners (some with better spelling skills than others). And I'm sorry to say, I can't help any of you. I've got two brown thumbs when it comes to gardening. If you have any doubts, drop by my house and look at the "lawn."

"Katherine Mary"
Something tells me that you weren't looking for a review of Soap, but today is your lucky day.

"vd condom broke"
You, sir or madam, are potentially in a world of hurt. Yes, you can get a venereal disease if you are using a condom and the condom breaks. I would go and get yourself checked out if you have any concerns. The sooner, the better. Oh, and by the way, don't sleep with anyone else in the mean time.

"messy night"
Messy Night was a lot of fun. I keep thinking of ways that I could do it at home. I have some vague ideas involving a big bowl of gelatin and lots of towels.

"myspace spam"
It keeps coming. I really don't know where these people find me, but find me they do. In real life, I don't seem to attract tons of nubile 20-something women, but online they are attracted to my geeky self like flies to honey. Somehow I have trouble taking them seriously.

"Desperate Housewives", "breastfeeding"
I'm honestly really surprised by the lack of reaction to my post about the discouragement of the breastfeeding mom. Maybe everyone thinks that nursing your child beyond six months or so enters the realm of deviant behavior.

"Lansinoh overuse"
My wife and I didn't run into this problem, but I have heard of other mothers who overused Lansinoh and ran into problems because their skin on their nipples was too soft to withstand the rigors of breastfeeding. That said, if I were a woman, I wouldn't avoid using it especially in the beginning. It speeds up the healing process, but you also need to let some air get to the nipple tissue too.

"Lightning Reaction"
I'm just waiting to find the Tanks or Lazer Tag versions online somewhere where I can spend my gift certificates. As soon as I do, they'll be in the mail and I can write up a review. My take on Lightning Reaction is that it would be fun to play as a drinking game, but my friends are getting too old to interest in games that can cause them pain. Only a few of us even play hockey any more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarahlynn said...

"Desperate Housewives", "breastfeeding"
Maybe everyone thinks that nursing your child beyond six months or so enters the realm of deviant behavior.


No, but I think there's a big difference between nursing a 6-month-old on demand and nursing a 5-year-old on demand, (interrupting work meetings, etc.) everytime he's thirsty.

That episode was typical of Desperate Housewives: every angle was exaggerated. No 5-year-old I've ever met interrupts mommy at work whenever he needs a drink. (Even if they're not weaned, most kindergarteners have been exposed to water or other beverages.)

Every character acted inappropriately. What Huffman did was horrible. The mom's motivation for nursing on demand for so long was horrible. The male officemates were the only ones who acted pretty typically - and that was typically shitty.

All the female main characters on Desperate Housewives are felons, convicted or otherwise. They're not exactly moral authorities. And that's part of the humor and appeal for many.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home