Monday, March 27, 2006

TV on DVD

My favorite way to watch TV is to wait for shows to come out on DVD. The problem with episodic television shows is that if you want to know what happens next, you have to tune in each week. But as the parent of a toddler, I don't always know where I'll be each week. I could set up my TiVO(that I don't have) or my VCR to record all of the shows that I want to see, but that still doesn't help with the delay of a week to find out what happens next.

When a show comes out on DVD, I get to watch it in sequence with no delays between episodes and no delays for commercials. It's great. I can watch as little as I want and pick it up where I left it. I can watch as much as I have too. Watching 24 doesn't take an hour any more. My wife and I watched the first Season of 24 while the second season was showing. Guess which one we liked more?

The problem becomes that it is very expensive to buy every show that you want to see. Enter the library. The library has entire seasons available to borrow so that you can watch what you want cheaply. If the library doesn't have something, you might be able to rent it from the video store or borrow it from friends. You only need to buy the shows and specifically the seasons of shows that interest you specifically.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Speaking of borrowing I have all seasons of Buffy and Angel, if you're looking for those. We also have the british comedy "Coupling", which is hilarious.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home