Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Parental superstitions

My wife and I were out for a walk last night. While we were talking, she said, "And I can't believe you blogged about the toddler bed. Why didn't you wait a week or so to see if it took?" On the one hand, I agreed with her, but on the other hand I was a bit disturbed. We're reasonable, logically minded adults, but we're trying not to name the Boogeyman for fear that he'd show up. But I know why we do it. We do it so that we can pretend that we have some control over the uncontrollable. We can encourage Oliver to decide that he likes sleeping in his toddler bed, but if he doesn't want to do it, there's only so much that we can do.

What parental superstitions do you have?




As an aside, we're now 1.5/3 in nights that Oliver spent in his bed. Monday night, he ended up sleeping in our bed. Tuesday night, he started in the other bed after a long night of getting him down and got transferred to our bed in the middle of the night. Maybe I shouldn't have awoken the Toddler Bed Boogeyman just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home