Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Let's play ball!

Last night, I went to the Cards game with a couple of guys in my office. It was an odd group as two of the four of us didn't really follow sports and I don't much like baseball. Sure, I can talk a good game since I listen to sports radio, but I'm really just not that into baseball. It was vital to know when the Cards were in town when I worked in O'Fallon as ballpark traffic was crazy. Now that I'm not even taking the highway to work I imagine that it will become less important.

The game itself was okay. The Cards lost 3-1 to the Indians. The Cards weren't able to put up much offense and most of the offense took place in the top of the first before we were able to even take our seats. Our tickets were amazing - four rows off the field on the third base side. But the two most interesting things were the rain delay and the FredBird t-shirt. The rain delay was interesting because apparently the only place in St. Louis to get rain last night was the ball park. And no sooner than they called the game and got the tarp on the field did the rain stop.

There is a story behind the FredBird t-shirt. The CEO of the company had gone to the game a couple of weeks ago. There were a couple of Hoosiers in front of them. As the game wore on they became drunker and more amusing. When FredBird came out to throw out the t-shirts, they hooted and hollered but alas no t-shirts came their way. "He always gives them out to the kids." "Fuckin' bird..." So when FredBird came out, we chuckled about that until one of the FredBirds girls bounced a t-shirt off someone and into my lap. We decided then and there that our CEO needed to get that shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home