Thursday, August 03, 2006

Introducing the human sausage!

When I started upping my training program, I let the diet fall by the way side. Up until recently I hadn't been too bad, but eating out for a week straight due to power failures is not a recipe for weight loss. Add unrelenting heat and a desire to not be out in it on top of that and you have a recipe for weight gain. I'm still not too bad, but I'm trending up towards my pre-diet weight. As in I'm almost there.

Before the power outage, I went to the New Balance store on Clayton and bought a running shirt that was marked half off. One of the many benefits of being a man is that off the rack clothes generally fit the same. Since I had been losing weight and wanted a tighter fit I selected a large. It wasn't until I tried it on at home that I realized that it was a compression shirt.

Now combine the mental pictures and you get a pretty good idea of what a human sausage would look like. Just douse me in beer and toss me in the frying pan. Now, I'm been a rock (training for a marathon) and a soft place. I'm not planning on starting a diet, but I may have to reel in my appetite somewhat.

And for those of you who are groaning about the mental image - eat me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home