Monday, July 24, 2006

Update

It turns out that we are one of five houses on our street to be still without power. I think that when the branch dropped, it took out the transformer. So with 40% of our city and several hundred thousand in the area still without power, I think it'll be a while until they come investigate our little stretch of houses.

I'd say that it sucks to be us, but really up until this point, it really hasn't been too bad. We have been able to rely on the kindness of friends and family. My family stayed with Andi and her husband one night. The next night my wife retreated with Oliver up to her mother's place while I stayed with Elitsirk and her husband so that we could go for our long run. The next morning everyone who stayed there pitched in for a huge breakfast after our run. After checking on the cat, I rejoined my family at my sister-in-law's place. In the morning, my wife and I helped out with my sister-in-law's paper route. Later, I came back to the house so that I could check on the cat and get ready for work.

All that said, I am ready for the fun to be over. There is just something to be said for being in your own space with your own things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home