Wednesday, April 02, 2008

If I ruled the world

I just finished an interesting exercise. I started writing a list of all of the events that I would like to attend this month. In a 30 day month, I came up with 16 different things that I wanted to do. And here is the catch - none of them involved my family. It was all gaming related nights out.

In my own defense, five of them start well after my family goes to bed. Two of them I don't expect to go to as they occur during the day on the weekend. And four of them I consider very much optional. On redirect, I might note that I've been noted to be grumpy when awoken early in the morning after late nights, so even my ameliorations aren't as compelling.

It is somewhat eye opening that I can find that much that I want to do where the onus of child care is placed solely on my wife. In exchange, she gets a morning exercise class three times a week in the morning and one night out a month with her book club. Sometimes I wonder why she doesn't like my hobbies. Without trouble, I can think of 16 reasons.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JessiTRON said...

Rough, isn't it? It gets easier once you accept that you have a life: it's your family. The games will still be there after the kids are grown. Parents have to accept it: I have no free time. Then we do something for ourselves a couple times a month, because we need it, not because we're entitled to it. I get really excited when the kids go to bed nicely and I have one hour of free time in a week.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home