Monday, March 17, 2008

25 lbs and counting

This morning I weighed myself in at 188 lbs. This makes more than 25 lbs in total weight loss since I started doing the Weight Watchers Core Plan in January. I'm solidly in a 34 waist and eying the 33s in the closet. I've also gotten a number of comments on the loss from my office mates, so I guess something is working.

I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for the diet since I've seen significant weight loss on most diets that I've tried. Body for Life? Check. South Beach? Check. However on each of these diets, once I stopped monitoring myself, the weight jumped back on. But so far so good. I don't feel terribly deprived. It's hard to feel deprived when you can eat an apple or an orange whenever you feel hungry. Sure, I don't eat as much bread or pasta or beer as I might like, but I've tried that diet and it really didn't work.

The next step for me is going to be to start exercising. I have all the excuses in the world as to why I haven't been exercising, but even I know that they are just that - excuses. I'll feel better once I start. I know it. I just haven't.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home