Wednesday, June 08, 2005

At last

We finally got clearance from the doctor to take Oliver in the running stroller! I'm really excited by this turn of events as it allows me to get in exercise while entertaining/caring for him at the same time. And I can take him hashing.

I've already been a bad running parent though. The other day we took off for the park and I forgot to bring something to cover him up. It wasn't a problem until I started heading into the sun and his chubby little legs were sticking out from the bottom of the stroller. After several moments of deliberation I took off my shirt (mmmm sweaty) and covered up his legs with it. I'm sure that it wasn't necessarily the most pleasant sight for the other runners in the park, but as far as I was able to tell no accidents were caused by blindness from accidently gazing at my pale flesh. Mental note - next time sunscreen and a blanket.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarahlynn said...

In Boston this weekend, Ellie went around with red eyes much of the time because she was so slathered with sunscreen that when she rubbed her eyes she got sunscreen in them (Paul applies with a generous hand). Anyway, she is so fair that spending a few minutes outside makes her turn red as a beet, even if she's well-protected. On Saturday, Paul got *2* comments from passersby worried about her neglectful parents allowing her to get too much sun because her face was so red. Obnoxious.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home