Thursday, July 07, 2005

Busy week

This has turned out to be a busy couple of days. This weekend we got together and hung out with family and friends on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We just kept on packing up to go somewhere else. Not unusual for a holiday weekend, but I'm pretty sure that we could have been (and my wife would have preferred if we were) much more productive. By the end of Monday night I was ready for a nice relaxing week at work.

Oliver was somewhat out of sorts by Monday night as well. Instead of going to the fireworks with my wife, I volunteered to hang out at Sarahlynn's place and play Settlers of Catan with Sarahlynn, Andi, and some friends. Oliver woke up hungry and decided to add his own "fireworks" to our evening. I tried to settle him back down, but I had no way to feed him. Of course all was better by the time Mommy got back from the real fireworks.

Tuesday, my wife didn't have to go to work and had planned on taking Oliver up to see her mother. Oliver took a unusually long (2-3 hour) nap. That should have given us a warning sign of what was to come. Then my wife realized that she had left her keys in my car. And that the cats were playing with a mouse which had gotten into the house. So she called and I came home from work early. After I arrived, she took off for her mother's place. I caught the mouse and cleaned the downstairs. When she got home, she told me that Oliver was sick. So Wednesday she worked from home and watched him. After napping for another long stretch, he decided to be awake for a good while last night.

Evidently there is some sort of fever virus going around. I have no idea where he got it, but I have my suspicions that seeing all of those people this weekend didn't help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home