Monday, July 18, 2005

A winter person in the depths of summer

I am a winter person at heart. Whenever anyone asks me, I always reply that I can always put on more clothes to get warm, but there comes a point where I can't take off any more clothes to get cool without being arrested. It probably doesn't help my perspective on summer when we don't have air conditioning in our house. Yes, I don't have air conditioning and I live in St. Louis (well, actually we do have a couple of window units). The first couple of summers that we lived in the house were mild enough that we really didn't need it. But this summer seems to have brought the heat (and the humidity) back with a vengence. The last couple of days have seen my family camped out in the bedroom with the window unit running.

But it's not that we haven't tried to get air conditioning. We had three groups come out to the house to give us bids for installing zoned air conditioning and replacing our boiler. Currently we are .5-3 in getting bids back. I don't know what it is, but people don't seem to want to take my money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home