Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cats and the Cradle

So everyone has a particular movie or book that scares the bejeezus out of them. Some get frightened by slasher movies or by white-knuckle tension. Other people get frightened by a particularly evocative attack on a fictional surrogate. For me the thing that has been scaring the bejeezus out of me is:

Cats and the Cradle

Now, no one is going to confuse me with a globe-trotting businessman who is too involved with his career to be involved with his son. But there are other ways of checking out. I could get too involved with my hobbies. I could get too involved in taking care of what needs to be done for tomorrow that I don't spend time in the present. And that's one thing that scares the bejeezus out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home