Monday, January 16, 2006

Google Smackdown: The non-smackdown version

It took me a while, but I finally figured out the Wiliam Moseley is the guy from Chronicles of Narnia. And all of these hits are coming from teen girls in an Internet age Tiger Beat quest for infromation on the flavor of the moment. Good luck, girls. But seriously, I don't know.

I got a couple of hits from people looking for Anna Paquin. Sorry, guys, no pictures. You might try her website. B ut if you are trolling the net, that might not be the set of pictures you are looking for...

I got a hit from someone looking for Dungeons and Dragons. I usually post my gaming stories on the forums at Monte Cook's website. It takes a lot for me to get together a gaming log so I don't often do it.

I got a hit from someone looking for information on shorn ponytail guys and another on shaving your head. I miss the ponytail and being able to draw my hair back into a ponytail. But after I got past that I realized that my hair spent most of its time back in a ponytail. Short hair is only different in that it takes a lot less upkeep. I am still tempted to shave my head, but my wife likes for me to have some hair.

I got a number of hits from someone looking for information about Kevin Slaten. I wish he'd just talk about sports instead of inflicting his politics on his listeners at the same time. George Bush was just wrong to go into Iraq. The reason we went in there was to look for weapons of mass destruction which we were told that Georgie knew he had. It's good that Saddam Hussein is no longer in power, but that wasn't why we went there. If the standard set forth by Bush is the overriding standard, then why aren't we already attacking North Korea? If Clinton had done this, you wouldn't be nearly this supportive. But Georgie gets a free pass because he cut your taxes. Just great.

Amazingly I got a hit from someone looking for information on spina bifida and dukes of hazzard. I got nothing on this one, sorry...

I did, however get a number of relevant hits this week. I got a hit from someone looking for information on IUI with injectables. We went to SIRM and saw Dr. Ahreling. If you're still looking for information, post something in the comments section.

I got a hit from someone looking for information on a father's role in breastfeeding. My take: your role is to be supportive of your wife. In the early days you are an extra pair of hands to get your child started (Oliver liked to cover his face with his arms when he was hungry). You need to make sure that your wife has the time and nourishment to feed your child. While she does that, you'll need to help with cooking and cleaning. In the later months your role diminishes somewhat, but you can still feed your child with pumped breast milk.

I got a hit from someone looking for information on gendering a child. My take: just say no. You can provide an appropriate gender identity while not smothering your child in pink or blue. I totally recommend not peeking when you are having your ultrasounds. Not knowing means that you can't stand gendering your child until at least they are born. But to each their own.

I got a hit from someone looking for pros and cons of the family bed. I can't separate the family bed aspect of our parenting experience from the rest of it. so I can't say how much of Oliver's personality comes from sleeping with us. But he seems very self-assured and happy. I can say that it is easy to change him in the middle of the night. Considering that we're also breastfeeding him, it's also easy (on me) to feed him at night. In terms of cons, co-sleeping further delays onset of menses and the quest for more children. So if you want a big family, don't co-sleep or start early. There are minor annoyances like when someone, and I'm not naming names, decides to "decorate" the bed in the middle of the night. Or decides that he wants to sleep perpendicularly to everyone else. But all in all, I enjoy co-sleeping and am loath to give it up unless Oliver clearly expresses a desire for his own space.

That's it for this week's greatest hits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home