Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Plague carrier

So yesterday I got my first call from day care to come and get my diseased child. Oliver was leaking mucus from his eyes and they were worried about pink eye. He had been doing that the day before but since he didn't have any fever or redness to his eyes, my wife and I weren't worried. Well, day care was. So I went and picked him up about 1:45 and we headed home.

On the way home I called the doctor's office and was told that a nurse would call me back. We got home and Oliver napped for the next hour and a half. When I got the call back from the doctor and explained what was going on, I was told that he just had a head cold that could be treated with Triaminic. The doctor's office faxed a note back to the day care saying that Oliver was unlikely to be contagious.

This morning I took him back to day care. His caretakers were slightly less enthusiastic about seeing him this morning. Hmmm... wonder why... But it's been six hours and no call. We'll see if our luck holds out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home