Tuesday, April 18, 2006

5000 Visits!

Yesterday, I passed the 5000 Visit mark. I'd like to thank all of the folks who wasted their spare time visiting my site and apologize to all of the gardeners who came here accidently. BTW in case you are wondering, Growing Moss is a good name for a blog at mypetr0ck but it is also apparently a really good name for a gardening site.

Over the past few months I've been watching my Site Meter information. I spend a lot of time checking out the referral information (what link you clicked on to get here). The referral information gives me some idea of who it is that is coming to visit and what information if any I can make sure to feature to bring them back. Site Meter stores the last hundred hits, so I need to check it a couple of times a week to make sure that I don't miss anything. From my referral information, I see that most of my visitors either bounce in from someone else's blog (like Sarahlynn or Andi), type the URL on their own, visit due to something that I post on another blog (Blogging Baby, STLBloggers), or are errant web searchers. Sometimes I get someone who is looking for something relevant.

I've been able to write new posts on average once a day. Recently I've had a little bit more trouble finding material to write about. Some of the things that are going on in my life aren't quite yet ready for prime time. Eventually I'll be able to share some of them. Other things I'm hesitant to write about due to metablogging issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home