Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Book of Questions

Question 139: Would you rather spend a month on vacation with your parents or put in overtime at your current job for four weeks without extra compensation?

Answer: In most circumstances I would rather spend time on vacation with my parents. We get along well enough and I find myself missing them more as I get older. I guess it is also the idea of time passing by.

Now if I were to rephrase the question to ask under what circumstances I'd rather work than spend a month on vacation with my parents, I'd answer that if I couldn't take my family with me, I'd rather stay at home and work. Were I to be parted from my wife and child for a month at this stage of the game, I wouldn't go. To a large extent that also applies to work. If I had to depart from home for large stretches of time I would seriously look into a new career. You just can't say that your family is the most important thing to you and then disappear like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home