Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The heavy

Every once in a while, when my wife gets fed up with trying to get Oliver to go to sleep, she brings me in. I know that I'm some sort of stopgap before she's ready to deal with him again. I understand that sometimes she just needs a minute to clear her head or go to the bathroom or something. I can't helping feeling though that bed time with Daddy is not some sort of punishment. "Behave or you get your father."

When I'm set up for success, I can be successful. I was able to take care of Oliver when my wife was out of town. A couple of times I've put him to bed when my wife was out at a friend's house. I don't do it the way Mommy does it, but it's effective. I just don't feel like most of the time I'm put in a position to succeed.

I guess the upside is that I don't have to do it very often. My wife is generally in charge of bed time. But as we start to transition away from nursing to sleep, I'll be more involved. And I'll need to be successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home