Thursday, June 29, 2006

Avoidance of Annoyance

I've noticed a trend among the relationships of my friends. In general it seems that the one of the key dynamics is the avoidance of annoyance of one partner in general. Take the relationship that I have with my wife for example. There have been a number of times when I've done something that I didn't want to do or vice versa to avoid annoying my wife. If I were to have a night without parental responsibilities and didn't clean the dishes or do the diaper laundry or otherwise have something accomplished to account for my time, she would be rather annoyed. And so whatever it is, it gets done not because I feel any need in particular to have accomplished something.

Is it just me? Testify in the comments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I think it goes both ways, but it's really annoying when you haven't been nagging about something that bothers you, like not picking up socks, and your husband decides to pick on everything you do wrong. Unfortunately, I have a stubborn streak a mile long and therefore feel less inclined to do something if he starts nagging about it. You do what you do to maintain the peace especially after you have kids.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home