Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Full Monty

Every once in a while a movie comes along that makes you glad that you are older. I keep telling myself that I'm glad that it didn't come out when I was deeply involved in my fraternity in college as I'm sure that I could have been persuaded with only the most gentle of prodding to have joined a group of guys for our own version of the Full Monty. On the other hand, in the days before I had my own mug hanging up at Growlers, I might have looked less like the mark Addy character and more like the guy that likes to run into walls (or at least more than I currently do). I do find that it resonates more with me as I get older. The Mark Addy character who has trouble losing weight. The Robert Carlyle character who is willing to do anything to continue to see his son. Plus there is the thought that in some number of years that the software development career that I've chosen for myself could become decidedly less profitable and/or I could become scrap like them. I could always change careers then. Hmmm... maybe I really need to work on my abs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home