Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Syriana

I watched Syriana last night and I thought it was well done, but I didn't connect with any of the characters enough to find myself really caring about their plight. The Matt Damon character is one that should have really resonated with me as the father who loses his son and is looking for something to believe in. I think it had something to do with the disjointed manner in which the story was told. Any of the characters could have made a compelling story but taken together I didn't get enough time to make the connection. On the other hand, you could argue that the point of the movie was less in the characters and more in the story or the political message of the movie, but I'd prefer to sacrifice the message in service of a more compelling and involving story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home