Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Marathon recap

Back in April, my wife got a note from her work offering her a free entry into the
Chicago Marathon. She was looking for an overarching fitness goal for the year. I had been interested in running more over the summer. Our desires coincided and the marathon training began. I sent a note to some friends about training for a marathon and got a few volunteers. We started training in May. The group continued to meet every Saturday in various configurations until two weeks ago. We added a runner who knew a friend of ours, but injuries forced her to stop training. Similiarly injuries forced both my wife and I to stop training. But our friends kept on training. And this past weekend, both of them not only completed the Chicago Marathon, but did so while beating their time goals. You guys rock!

And now I'm asking myself, what's next? Next week I should be able to start running again. Over the winter, I'll refocus my energies on shorter races - 5K, 10K, up to a half-marathon. I could run the St. Louis Marathon, but I'm pretty sure that it will be tough to find training partners for that. Instead, I'm more likely to do the Marathon relay event.

Anyone want to go for a run?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home