Monday, November 20, 2006

Blogging honestly

In the beginning, when I created the blog, I had intended to write whatever I wanted to. But I made one fundamental mistake. I told people about my blog. I started thinking about metablogging and adjusting my content based on the fact that I knew that people I knew were reading what I wrote. I didn't write about all of the things that I wanted to because there are just something that you don't talk about in public. So I didn't write about the times when I was frustrated with my wife or any other personal issues. And I started censoring myself on the things that I did write about when I staryed running into people who read my blog and wanted to continue the argument that I started on the blog in person. And then I ran into trouble when I was an idiot.

Recently, a friend of mine blogged about the fact that she and her husband were having marital troubles. It was a revelation for a number of reasons, but the one that is germane to this post is that it was just so honest and personal. I aspire to be able to post like that.

Just bear with me while I work up the courage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home