Monday, January 08, 2007

Update

I think the official deadline for blog slackerhood is one month post-free. Me being me, I am going to try and get this in just before the deadline. It's not that there hasn't been anything to write about or that I haven't had the time to write, I just haven't felt motivated at the right times.

The family is doing well. Oliver is going through a massive verbal growth spurt. Mostly he's still just using phrases with a word or two, but lately he's been moving into three and four word phrases. He's not quite as chunky as he used to be. He is getting much more precise in his gross and fine motor skills. There is a real marked difference even from his birthday a month ago.

Oliver has recently begun his transition to his own bed. We've manged to get him to go to sleep in his own room and his own bed, but he is so used to having other bodies around that he'll go hunting for us in the middle of the night, crawling over whatever it takes to find us. Even when that thing is the edge of the bed. The pillows and the carpet have been life savers. One night I decided to sleep next to the bed so that I could reassure him that there was someone in the room with him. We both had a scare in the middle of the night when he dropped down on me. It's a process, but he seems okay with it, so we continue.

My wife is doing well in her pregnancy with number two. She hasn't seemed particularly uncomfortable, but she hasn't had much of an appetite recently. We had a first name session and didn't come up with anything productive. It'll probably be a couple of months until we find something mutually acceptable. In the mean time, we have another ultrasound appointment today, so we'll have more art for the refigerator.

Work is going well. We're gearing up to go live at the end of January. I have a feeling that I'll be spending a lot of time at the office. the thing that has really been getting to me is that the laptop that I work on has been performing like a dog the past few weeks. Other developers have several version of visual studio open, several web browsers going, and I can't play a Cd and compile a piece of code at the same time -- Never mind having anything else productive going. It's sapping my will to work.

Personally, I'm doing well. I'm in the process of resolving to lose some of the copious weight that I've put on over the past few months. I know what I need to do. I just need to do it. But isn't that why I'm in trouble in the first place? Other than that I'm happy. I'm healthy. My family is happy and healthy. What else would I want?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Monroe said...

You didn't post for a month, and I hadn't read for a month, so I'm just getting word of your pregnancy! Congratulations.

We're expecting our first in Mid-June and are excited beyond belief.

Glad to hear things are going well.

7:21 AM  
Blogger mypetrock said...

Congratulations to you as well. May your first child be a healthy child.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home