Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's my party

So ThankRock is over for 2006. All in all it was a good time. Most of my guests were able to come. Those that came had a good time. It was great to see the kid drum circle form in my front hall. I got to talk to some people that I don't see enough of, eat good food, and play games. Not bad for a birthday.

I've just about finished cleaning up. The plates and glasses weren't such a big deal, but putting away the food turned out to be a chore. One of the many things that my wife keeps trying to warn me about is my propensity to grossly overestimate how much food my guests will eat. Turkey and two breasts minus guests equala two gallon size zip locks full of leftover meat plus a bag for wings and a bag for drumsticks. Add to that the other assorted leftovers and I'm quite certain that I'll have enought turkey for a month.

I hate it when she's right.

2 Comments:

Blogger mypetrock said...

My wife ever wrong? Never! What was I thinking?

6:15 PM  
Blogger mypetrock said...

The commentor who left the last comment has been sacked. We now resume our blog.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home