Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Running stuff

My wife did end up getting a spot in the Chicago Marathon (just for her), so it looks like we're going to be training again for it this year. I'm going to record all of my running related posts on the Doyle's Running Club blog. I've got up some information now on my proposed training program for this year, shoes, clothes, and stuff. I may end up referencing over there from time to time.

This Saturday is the Chevy's Cinco de Mayo 5K (my guess is that FleetFeet was already booked to run a race the weekend before, so this was the best that Chevy's could do). This race is a lot of fun. First of all it's a 5K so just about anyone of any running prowess can run it and finish. Second, Chevy's has food and drink afterwards for the runners. I like this race as it falls at the beginning of the summer running season, so it's a good mark in the sand with which to set training goals and to measure progress as the season progresses.

Anyone out there planning to run this one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home